Monday I was a basket case... the pain in my foot just annoyed me at the highest level, I think that the last few months of holding it all back just came out.. I couldn't stand any of the tv shows I chose to watch.. they didn't make sense, didn't think they were funny. And the foot pain/constricting just was constant and hurt. And thinking about how few weeks Ashley being around and present in our house just struck me sadly. And so I was just a puddle of tears all day long.. I'd be okay and than I'd be a mess and sobbing.. Didn't take any pain meds which I don't know if I just didn't think of it since I was downstairs and meds upstairs..
But at 8:30 I just headed upstairs as Ashley and Shane were going down the stairs, leaving for Coldstone for ice cream. I declined the invite and was unable to speak. I quickly got ready for bed, took my meds, and two pain meds and a Tylenol PM. I slept tremendously and did not feel the foot pain at all.. So that is my new way to sleep well and pain free. Tuesday I actually did not get out of bed but a couple of times, watched a little tv, but mainly just vedged and slept intermittenly.
Wednesday morning after shower, we discovered a staple left in the front.. so I had a few appts and that was removed by the surgeon who put it there at one of the appts.. The nurse at med rehab had taken them out, so strange she missed on so obvious. The vascular surgeon hearing that I had been to rehab was astonished that I had started already, and he had some concerns for what was done with my stomach muscles until about 6-8 weeks. So got him to write them down. I than went to back surgeon who took xrays (he's staying on top of things now) and they showed us the fracture is surrounded by hardware and everything is where it is supposed to be. Makes me feel secure. And than Veronica removed the 17 staples in the back and only steri strips are now over them. So freeing from the heavy thick bandages that were covering it before that I had to lean against. Found out that he too did not order the P/T and that it came from the med rehab dr's and he too said NO P/T until 6-8 weeks. Let things heal and be settled. He feels I can do just fine with day to day living. And than take on P/T.
Today I am "assistance" free.. I slept late, and got ready on my own, got my own lunch for the first time. And I not not using a walker, or a cane and my balance feels real good. So hopefully that will continue.
Well, I am feeling very sleepy all of a sudden, time to relinquish for a cat nap.
happy Thursday..
No comments:
Post a Comment