Friday, October 16, 2009

yes, you affect my life..

There is no way to describe how FREAKIN HOT it was today. Now I don't buy into the whole global warming, black hole propaganda, and we have had Indian summers in Oct before as I grew up. I'm just announcing that I was really enjoying the few days of cloudy, cooler, rainy skies where inches of rain were falling around the Southland. AND I WANT it to stay that way for about 3 months. Much needed rain fell in the areas north of LA in numbers of like 9-10 inches where the reservoirs that are so badly depleted of needed resources are located. Mammoth has gotten some early snowfall which is another major source for water in the spring that flows down to the reservoirs. So I'm all for rainfall that comes from a season of it in steady amounts. Todays 90 degrees gives you a headache.

California doesn't really fluctuate in weather for too much of the year.. pretty much mild 60-80's and dont get me started about how cold we complain at the low end, or we are content with it for the most part. So the natural seasons of winter, spring, summer and fall are not to exciting, hence we jungle dwellers need to travel to those untamed natural parks, or countrysides of our state or into the many map sights who have seasons or vibrant colors.

As of many of the most recent years it seems the state has added a definitely wild, scary and at times deadly seasons; FIRE (in the late summer/early fall) and MUD (fall/winter) seasons have been added as two additional seasons that the media prepares for and drones on with as coverage warrants it. People have crowded into forests, hillsides, beaches, mountains, remote locations to build there dream homes, dream communities. I know that this is the ideal and serene place to commute before and after you have had a long work day. I as a tax payer who give and give to a government that leaks like the titanic of money wasted, don't believe it's your right to live there unless you are willing to pay for the protection it requires. It's beautiful scenery until.......

The fires start burning in absolutely any part of any of the above mentioned locations, started by man or a spark... These were once wild and open places and a fire could burn itself out without endangering property or person. But now the saving of property and person is the responsibility of each and every citizen who pays taxes no matter where they reside. Many of us, we watch the coverage on tv as the dollar meter runs on putting out anything from 10,000-65,000 at a time. I totally understand it's awfully frightening to be in this situation, but you chose to live here, now deal with it.

As we are now currently experiencing just after fires rip through several counties, we had an early rainstorm that dropped anything from 1.87-3.24 inches in these fire affected areas and the barren grounds without cover, just run with the dirt that was below it and it's called mud.. The state, counties and cities are than quickly setting up sand bags, the white cement barriers to divert water from the residents. It costs money to do this, overtime actually as storms don't come during daytime hours nor does the problem respect the time it takes to keep neighborhoods from sliding away from all of the water or mud flow. And again the tax payers you and I who don't live anywhere near it, are inundated with news coverage that is really just mind numbing repetitive warnings of the dire conditions forming. The government than gets involved with FEMA, Red Cross, where do you think the money comes from to fund these organizations. hmmmm

Thursday "say what":
I must admit, I watch a newscast about three times a year. I was watching Dr Oz the other morning when just as he was going to give this woman the answer to get rid of the area of fat that accumalates on her back just under her bra... I was mesmerized as to how you did this when....... channel 11 breaks in and with this picture of what appears to be a UFO of silver mylar balloon material from Fort Collins, CO. They are following what would have been told to be a "child in the base of the homemade balloon", this sucker that was thought to only float at 20 feet above the ground gets to the height of 7500 feet.. and they don't know if a 6 yr old is in it or not.. but it is being tracked and followed by the National Guard in the air and on the ground, by NORAD from CO armed forces that tracks everything in the air. Emergency crews are activated to be on alert whenever and however this comes down. It lands somewhere after losing helium in a field.. and no one is in the small base as suspected...

Now I'm not going to go any farther, you can read all the confusing details on any website. This little homemade project that went astray, or as a hoax or an inventors attempt went very bad, due to the scare of the 6 year old cost the federal, state and local a whole lot of money to follow it to it's conclusion, to investigate, to track all angles.. cha-ching wrack it up onto a government whose economy is not in the best of fiscal shape. Now I'm as pleased as the next person that he was found safe in his attic, but the rest of the what I'm hearing about his dad setting this up as a stunt... throw the book at him and make him fully responsible for restitution, not jail, just restitution for as long as it takes him to pay it all back. No more storm chasing till than.

If you don't agree, I don't really care.... you can blog your thoughts and I will read them.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl, I totally agree! These people who have been flooded, burned, etc over & over again & keep expecting us to help them rebuild is just crazy. If they want to live in these places, beautiful as they are, they should do so at their own risk & w/ insurance to only cover the FIRST time but after that, it's up to them.

Anonymous said...

You go girl, I totally agree! These people who have been flooded, burned, etc over & over again & keep expecting us to help them rebuild is just crazy. If they want to live in these places, beautiful as they are, they should do so at their own risk & w/ insurance to only cover the FIRST time but after that, it's up to them.