Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday afternoon slouching..

Today was Salsa Sunday at church with several services combined and led by the inspiration choir. Great service and a strong word brought by Pastor Ken.   And then we (Greg, Shane and I) went to a Brazilian BBQ all you can eat buffet. And while it was good, it was definitely NOT as good to the taste buds, or the wallet as the restaurant Salt Lick in Texas, oh man that was good.. The Brazilian BBQ was filling but it was not so spectacular that you'd pay that much again for it. Now don't get me wrong, their was alot of variety in meat, but well, for the price you didn't even get a doggy bag to go from it like at Salt Lick.

I had a few intentions for things to "get done" this wknd, but about all I accomplished was getting my nails done at the corner salon and laundry.. the rest just didn't seem that important. Oh right, I did get some photos ordered online at Costco for framing.. but beyond that... I've just vegged on the couch.

Greg and I went and saw the movie the Hunger Games on Saturday night.. It was a movie that was okay in the sense that it was definitely bizarre plot line and FICTION. But yet it lacked for and didn't give enough "lead info" to make ME understand what was the situation of this nation setup was that had people locked in like Auschwitz town where they are labeled in Districts and they struggle to make ends meet in a dark bleak environment with policemen in stark white uniforms, helmets and mob march in when the people get out of line. The constitution of this empire (my guess it's like an empire) takes a tribute from each district yearly.  They put the names in the hat of all the 12-18 year olds from each district and the more you "request" food, help from the empire puts your name into the hat for each request made (best  I could understand it). The boy / girl from each district selected than is treated like a king and queen for a short two week period in the capital where they are trained to fight for their life in a death match against all of the other tributes til death and one victor..  Okay so that is the gist of it and yet there were in the intellectual part of the brain I have that just couldn't get my head around the concept, the method it is carried out, and or the reason for watching an execution live on tv where they fight for life, anymore that watching 27 people randomly shot down in the street for no reason.  But knowing society who in traffic will stop to "take a look" at the disaster or watch car chases on tv... It's not a far fetched idea I am sure..  I liked the ending, and the lead girl in this movie..

This afternoon with Shane I've been watching the movie Iron Man, all the while he flips the station between two other movies he is watching... argh.. I'm not a big fan of this but, I keep him on track to stay with the commercial break amount of time..

Greg and I put up curtains in Shanes room on Saturday, the long 84" room darkening kind, but I only bought two panels and of course when I went back to get two more, they didn't have them. I wasn't to inclined to search other walmarts to chase them down and so I bought 4 panels of 63" lengths different color (all they had that went with his brown room) and of course the rods we put up are now to high for his long windows, so now we are going to have to lower them a few inches... ugh.. Greg is really excited about that as you can imagine...

so have a good week!

No comments: