Friday, May 11, 2012

this week is productive..

This week was a mellow week of just what seemed like regular speed of days, nothing rushed or stuck in slow motion. You know how sometimes you feel like time is just dragging along and it's always "Monday" and the events aren't very interesting. Work wasn't anything out of the ordinary, even though it had a busy sense in that one of the major computer programs had a looming deadline of Thursday for shutting down for a week for upgrades. The getting ready for this was laid back and well planned out in my somewhat OCD organizing for it. No worries.. It was also a normaly difficulty to sleep much more than 4-5 hours and up feeling wiped out before even starting.

I attended a few baseball / softball games this week of the DeJong kids. Without doing Alpha at church this spring session, it has cleared the calendar for a couple of nights a week of meeting with people and it was just kind of what I needed.

A project I've been working on and am nearly done with is getting pictures printed and framing them of the siblings families. My family had recently been together for the intention of Shanes graduation but made sure that we did what we a complete family picture taken and of each family and then alot of random pictures. Getting the Symens side of the family has been pulling in the help of family and then waiting for the response. I was able to get a couple of the parents and his sister Kim from the reunion in OR last summer. So they are printed as 5x7 pictures in wooden rustic or colored frames in the den on tables.

We've done a makeover in the downstairs "guest" bathroom, also known as the boys bathroom. I'm now finishing it up after the boys did the work. Theres lots of earthy warm colors and one wall that was just blank. So I found a large clock at Target, and looked quite a view places for art work to put up. Home Goods, Target, TJ Maxx, Kirklands and yet nothing struck me as the coloring or type of framed picture I was looking for.  So the thought comes to me that I have alot of pictures from numerous trips of late that would compliment the new colors. I decided on the Fall trip that I took with Marlys last year, and for the whopping cost of $4.20 I have the Art..   And so I just got the (8) 5x7 and one 8x10 photos back and laid them out on the kitchen table, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out in the layout of the type of pictures and the coloring of them all . Now they all need frames and so tomorrow will be the hunt for them. I will wait to post a picture till there hung on the wall.. Not sure how long that will take.

Tonight I made Talapia and homemade mac n cheese,, it smelled yummy and it was.  but Shane gave it a try only to find out that the "eggs" don't get diluted enough in this to bake out and so he had a reaction to it and had no fun after a few bites... poor guy with his egg allergy which has gotten worse as he's gotten older just has such a small diet of options with variety.. His future someday wife will only need to know a few meals and no desserts ever for him.. and keep a good supply of benadryl on hand for his symptoms,   but wow it was good stuff and could only afford a few spoons full... Greg asked why and I told him it would clog his arteries.

Well, it's my bedtime.. goodnight

No comments: