I had all kinds of aspirations for getting to work early, getting the dreaded Payroll cinched up for the prior week and then onto some needed projects. But....................
5 miles from my exit into my commute, traffic on the 710 North comes to a standstill and we all creeping along for 5 miles doing 2 miles per hour................... OMG that was so slow, and people are zigging and zagging into every nook and cranny of open space like that is going to make a real big difference when all lanes are nearly dead stopped.. So with no idea what has been going on in the dark of 45 minutes later, I'm still listening to Pandora and decide to now find a news channel for traffic report if possible.. but my exit will come up soon and so I merge to the right... and then on the radio news channel I find they announce that the 710 North has a 5-6 car pile up and the right three lanes are closed... dang, because I just had to fight my way over to the slow lane in the 5 lanes of traffic. In the lane to the left and perhaps one car back I suddenly here ths "CRASH, SMASH, BANG" as they hook there bumpers together in relatively slow moving traffic.
Thankful it wasn't me, I now have to start merging to the left back towards the fast lane as the smoking flash sticks (that look like dynamite) and the Highway Patrol cars are pressing us left... Once I get up to the accident scene it's a tangle of cars waiting for tow trucks all smashed up into each other.. Needless to say I was not on time for work nor did it matter.. my supervisors showed up late and in the quiet I got some headway before they came in to start deferring my attention if I let them....
4 more days and I'm on a week of vacation.. YAY... and then I'm back in the office a week, and then off to MN to meet up with Ashley for a week of vacation together with family and going to the Women of Faith conference in Minneapolis with other family.
Today I got a notice in the mail that I have now been summoned to Jury duty at the end of Oct, which will put me back in the office after MN for just a week before that will start.. I actually like the jury process and hope to get on a good case with intrigue.. wish me luck..
the buzzer has gone off for the chicken and rice to finish for mine and Shanes dinner.. Greg has a business dinner with his once again visiting manager of the so cal territory and I'll be home watching Monday Night Football... Go Packers!
Yes this weekend the Minnesota Vikings beat the favored San Francisco 49'ers. Go Vikings~
No comments:
Post a Comment