Numerous months ago, I was at the Ashley furniture store shopping for a desk to put in my newly converted kids bedroom to an office.. and I saw these bookends on top of a desk there.. It seemed pricey at the time and having just bought the desk, decided against the purchase but thought they were so cute as I enjoy photography.
Well, today I went out to a grand opening of a Hobby Lobby looking for something like it. Didn't come across anything that resembled it at all or caught my eye. So I stopped back at Ashley furniture on the way back, and the price was a "little lower" and it had a 15% off sale price... took the leap and just got them. Now it was what would seem like a simple purchase of pay and get your receipt.. But I had to first get a salesman to take care of it, even though I am the one who carried them to the customer counter. And they were heavy, why, I don't know.
The salesman who seemed to just be caught into the wrong place at the wrong time as he walked to the customer counter and had another "bigger fish" on the line at the time, assured me he'd be right back. Meanwhile I'm standing in front of 4 women at what must have been a call center and sales desk who should I thought just take care of it and let me go.. So I'm waiting, and waiting and he after one of the ladies goes looking for him, he comes back and grabs some paperwork for me & for his bigger fish client, and again he's off promising to return shortly. Eventually he calls me over to the computer 10 yards away, and proceeds to take information like I was purchasing a 10 seat dining set for delivery.. He runs to the printer, and comes back with 3, count them 3 pages for me to sign, one for the actual sale, one for the fact that I acknowledge I can't return or exchange them.. huh., okay, and then another that states I'm taking the product with me.. Holy cow, what if I had actually purchased something of monetary value, it couldn't be much different.. And he then invited me to come back anytime and shop their inventory.. haha, yes, the next time I want a 15 minute check out for a sale item, I'll definitely consider it.
But I am quite stoked as I start to put my office together, slowly but surely.. some vacation pictures to decide on and to enlarge for the walls, and a wall of pictures of the family as I work on scanning those no negative or digitally saved as of yet.

goodnight, until the next thought strikes me to write about... tomorrow is another jury day, so it might occur..
No comments:
Post a Comment