As the time draws near towards Christmas eve.. WE ARE READY! I have been in a baking frenzy as Brian could be quoted as having said this week & the gifts are under the tree and I'm excited to share those with friends and family. Today was just a day of (missing work) and Greg and I went on a "oops we forgot that person" gift find where we lucked out right away and actually picked up a few of the extravagant just because kind of gift giving ideas.
We as a family are going to the 11pm Christmas eve service after Ashley and Shane get off of work and I am looking forward to celebrating the birth of the savior whose destiny was to be nailed to a cross for MY SIN. A friend is doing his testimony at the services going on all day long.
Our family tradition is that we each contribute one thing as Santa into the stockings of each other for Christmas morning. I am also excited about the Christmas morning gift opening this year as there are quite a few well thought out gifts under the tree to fit specific interests/needs/likes and I'm looking forward to seeing the look on their face when they are opened!
Our Christmas day we will all be with Gregs side of the Van Meeteren family with aunts/uncles/cousins here locally. Friday we will all be leaving for Madera to my sisters to meet up with the Van Essen side with the parents, sisters/brother inlaws/nieces & nephews during the weekend for just hanging out together. It should be a fun weekend of family and than home for ringing in of the new year 2009. Lots anticipated in the new year.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas Symens' family! We send love from our family to yours!
Post a Comment