Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday summations...

We were blessed by a terrific worship service and Jason Brown's sermon.. Although without my notes I took in front of me, I won't do the synopsis it's due justice but it was unlike anything I've ever heard.. that Jesus disappoints us! yep thats right, Jesus disappoints us because He doesn't do things that make sense to us, we want him to be different in reacting like WE would react and not to require of us what he expects us to do with our lives. So we live in the tension of what we want, and knowing we should do what he wants. The wrestling is what he wants us to do, know we are loved, loved, loved by him but also that he wants us to know we aren't okay in how we're living our lives. We don't like to be told the truth by those who love us, we want them to tell us we are okay... Amen!

After lunch at home of homemade soup and sandwiches, we watched a bit of the football game between Dallas and Pittsburgh.. I couldn't keep my eyes open and so thought I'd head upstairs and just "rest" for awhile... well, it turned into an implosion as I slept for about 3 hours If Greg had not come up to let me know the dinner he made was ready - his dinner of infamous goulash - I probably would have just crawled under the covers and stayed there the rest of the night, like rip vanwinkle for whom at times I think I share in common his ability to sleep.... well, the long sleep did nothing for the headache which not much does affect it. Tonight after dinner, I attacked the box of ornaments that were haunting me the last few days sitting next to the tree needing to be taken care of. So now it's is done and looks tremendous and only took a little over an hour to accomplish. Now for the christmas cards! hmmm, maybe next week

Tonight Ashley and us were texting back and forth and she asks was dad serious that I could quit, Yes, Yes, YEs, she put in her two weeks notice to disneyland.. Jan 2nd is her last day, unless they don't give her the Christmas weekend off and than it could be much sooner. YEA! After 5.5 years there it is long overdue and she is set to finish her one last semester and we want it to be free from the distraction of working. She has her student loan set up and it will be repaid when she is accepted into the "job" she has applied for and will know in January of her acceptance. This being her last Christmas at home for some time with us, makes it one we would like her to be able to spend with all of the family get-togethers planned. I will write about ner new Job at a later time.

I'm sure that I will be able to sleep tonight regardless of the nap, and the alarm to walk goes off early... so goodnight.

No comments: