Tuesday, December 16, 2008

waiting impatiently....

Last night, I began the duanting task of the annual Christmas letter writing (yes, late again) and so I begin to make a couple of notes about the year. I write, backspace, write some more and backspace alot until very late into the night.. adding in pictures to the letter deemed trickier using Shanes new computer for me. Fortunately Ashley was home to keep me heading in the right direction with the finer points of word doc that I lack. I think she thought she should have just read her book in her room to be closer to the office than downstairs on the couch cuz she made a few trips upstairs to bail me out. We live in an age where she says "txt me" when you need help, and I did ~ ha.

So today, I race to Sams Club and get the picture card figured out, ordered and requested back in hours.. it was somewhat of a tag team with the person next to me as we kept leaning into each other when we got stumped or needed confirmation we chose the right this or that. I leave and run some errands in other stores and than back to get picture cards. For which I run into that same person and we compared finished product. I made a stop at the post office to get stamps and decided to use the machine vs the 45 minute wait in line.. I ended up leaving with about 9 dollars in coins and change and my 6 books of stamps.. ugh, now to haul around those funky looking coins and not use them like quarters. Honestly they come in different sizes and colors, a few do look like quarters and I had to use my reading glasses to read "One dollar" on it. Can you imagine where that will go when it comes time to use them. Just give me the paper version. Oh well, don't need stamps again until next year when I send out cards in 2009. or email them out would be my inspiration....

So tonight I come home "ready" to hit the floor running after I refine my christmas letter. Wouldn't you know it, tonight is the night Greg needs two computers set up in his office to work on end of the year reports and forecasting for next year ~ WHAT, I need to use the printer, and space to print my gazillions letters and labels. I like order and so nope, can't just start stuffing envelopes and stamp them cuz that's out of order from my routine.... oh well, another day won't matter at this point. I guess there is one consolation, I ran into a couple of friends today who said they aren't this far yet..

No comments: