We are home alone for the 4th, kids are all out with friends and Greg didn't care to bbq.. so we had just a simple meal of sandwiches for supper and soon there will be fireworks to witness outside of our bedroom windows.
My surgery went very well in the reports from the two surgeons. The vascular Dr ran into some extensive scar tissue in the abdomen and we could not figure where that came from as while I had 3 C-sections, they are located lower and would not account for whatever it was he ran into. So hence the incision is a little longer, bummer. The spinal Dr has the two new parts right where they are intended to be and the muscle soreness in the back will last a little while but is normal.
I came home from the hospital on Thursday late in the afternoon and was really feeling good... pain level was minimal and I had done as much walking and stair climbing for those three days of P/T that they asked of me and I had no issues. The IV was removed on Wed and so pain meds were than only whenever I asked for them and when I came home was told to just take what I had been using before.. WELL, it became very obvious throughout Friday and into the night that the pain meds I was now taking was not enough.... Because to just get to and from the bed/bathroom the pain was the kind that makes you lightheaded and shaky from the pain... I took a shower on Friday and while it felt good, it was a large "event" and took alot of energy and I did not dry the hair as the pain level drove me back to bed.. When I called the on-call dr, he said that I could only add a Motrin to the two pain meds hydrocodone 5-500 (but not to take more of the Hydrocodone) It has helped a little but I plan to increase the motrin to two.. The one side affect after surgery seems to be in the left calf muscle an intense pressure and my two toes on left foot go to sleep once I'm upright. Using ice/heat to try and bring comfort back to that area.
I have an appt for Wed. morning to remove the 15 staples across the 10 inch abdominal incision. (that I dread and will NOT be watching). maybe this will interest Ashley enough to be my designated driver so as to witness.
The goal for tomorrow is to make it downstairs, get the occasional walk of the loop during the day inside the house on the hard floors with my walker (woo hoo). For now, I'm behaving by just resting in bed as they recomended or once in awhile in the chair next to the bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment