GLACIER BAY NATIONAL PARK (some are just cloud pictures cuz I'm into those also)
4 spouts of whales (look closely)
this icefield is the beginning of what we traveled through.. College Fjord will have more of this and ICE chunks
Hanging Glacier
Tidewater Glacier
love the slivers as they hang there over the arch
Notice the hole in the left inside???
the triangle of pure ice on the top of the dirty snow area..
the ice flows in front of the glacier could be snow that is hundreds of years old that finally broke off
The "calving" pictures below that you'll see shortly, eventually saw this sailboat rocking in the waves from the ice that fell into the body of water... they weren't to far from glacier. we were a bit big to feel the rocking..
reflection in the water...
When we did venture out onto the deck to take photos, this is the "crowd" we ran into and thought it was a great photo... hence we loved our balcony
the start of the glacier "calving" if you see each of the next 5 photos (on the left side of glacier)
I just loved looking through my long lens at these "statues" of glacier ice...
This was a pretty good size boat but dwarfed in front of the glacier
My bird "catch"
Well, it's my bedtime and so tomorrow I will work on the next set of pictures... stay tuned~!
ps: I'm quite proud of myself to have kept the number of pictures to just the ones so far that I have posted..
No comments:
Post a Comment